Public Routes, Canvas Improvements and Faster Releases
October 14, 2022
We have been working hard on squashing bugs and improving the Space developer experience. Here are the latest changes to Space Alpha:
You can now create routes that are accessible to everyone without authentication:
Requests made to your Micro matching any of the routes defined in
public_routes will bypass Space’s authentication entirely. Read the docs for more details.
- Show when your Builder instance is updating
- Include app installations on the Canvas
- Improve design of Canvas items to make it easier to distinguish Builder instances and projects from normal apps
- Sync Canvas state across devices
- Add Docs app
We’ve made some under the hood improvements of our core platform and creating releases should now be up to 5x faster. ⚡
Our next target is speeding up builds which should be a lot faster soon!
- Add Teletype to the docs
- Include logs in response when a Micro runs into a runtime error while handling a request
- Show realtime build logs during
- Fix Teletype being accidentally invoked
- Fix timeout issues during build (after
space push) for bigger apps
- Fix Builder instance breaking after multiple pushes
- Reuse description of previous release in the CLI if it is not provided
- Various under the hood stability improvements
We are working hard on new features and you can expect big changes coming very soon! Thanks for being a crucial part in the early stages of Space and for all the great feedback we have received.