Last Updated: March 30, 2023
TL;DR: - We will not sell your data to anyone.
- We will send you some emails with respect to product updates. If you log in with a third party provider (GitHub) we will read some data from that account.
- We use services like Plausible, Amplitude and Sentry to measure interactions with and improve Deta. Plausible does not collect any personal information. We use a 3rd party provider, AWS, to process and store our data.
- We use services like Sendgrid, Hunter, and Intercom to provide information and offer support once you have signed up for Deta.
- We use a 3rd party provider, AWS, to process and store our data.
1. Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information from you are to provide you with the products and services made available through the Service, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one.
We may also use your information to operate, maintain, and enhance the Service and its features, and to provide customer support to users.
2. Information Collected Upon Registration
You provide us with information when you register for an account, use the Service, make a purchase on the Service, or send us customer service-related requests. If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Site, you will be required to become a registered user, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to Deta. This happens in a number of instances, such as when you sign up for Deta, or if you desire to receive marketing materials and information. Information that we may collect in such instances may include your IP address, full user name, password, email address, city, time zone, credit card and other billing information, preferences, telephone number, and other information that you decide to provide us with. We may link such information with other information you provide about yourself.
3. Use of GitHub User Data
If you choose to connect a GitHub profile to your Deta account, we will access certain information obtained from GitHub regarding your account. In particular we may store your name and email address. This data will only be used by Deta to provide you with the service you expect and will not be shared with any third parties.
4. Use of Contact Information
In addition, we may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about our products and services, including but not limited to our Service. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please un-follow us, or follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Log Data
When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to monitor the use of the Site and of our Service, and for the Site’s technical administration. We do not associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally.
6. Cookies and Automatically Collected Information
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on Deta, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use Deta. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with other information about you.
7. Third Parties
Some of your personal data is shared with third party service providers:
We use Intercom for customer support. Your username, email address, approximated location and browser vendor & version are stored in Intercom.
We use Amplitude to give us insights into how customers use our application and where we could improve it. Your username and email address are stored in Amplitude.
We use Segment to give us insights into how customers use our application and where we could improve it. Your username and email address are stored in Segment.
We use GSuite by Google. Emails send to us pass through Google. We also use Google Drive and store spreadsheets there that might contain your email address.
We use Mailchimp for customer interaction. Your email address is stored in Mailchimp.
We use Hunter for customer interaction. Your email address may be stored in Hunter.
We use AWS as an identity provider. AWS stores any password you may provide when opting to use email login. We do not have access to this password.
During the installation of our command line interface (CLI) your IP address will be shared with GitHub in order to facilitate the download and installation of the CLI binaries from GitHub’s servers to your local machine.
We use Sentry to collect error reports from our CLI, backend servers, and frontend applications. When an error occurs, certain technical information, including your IP address, may be shared with Sentry to help us diagnose and resolve the issue.
Deta is very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, physical, and electronic safeguards. We will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored personal data to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Your personal data may be transferred, stored and processed in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), United States (“US”) or any other country in which our service providers maintain facilities. By using our domains, you consent to any transfer, storing or processing of personal data outside of your country of residence and outside the EEA. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
9. Your Rights
Please know your rights by learning about the EU General Data Protection Regulation also more commonly known as GDPR or your local privacy laws and reach out to us for questions or concerns. Summarizing some of your key rights, you may:
- This policy is part of your right to be informed before you create an account or use our services. You have access to your personal data we process and a right to know for what purposes;
- Where you have given us consent to process personal data, you may withdraw your choice for us to stop doing so at any time. Please be aware that this has an impact on your day-to-day use and functionality of our services;
- Under particular circumstances you may restrict processing, such as direct marketing and/or on the basis of legitimate interests following GDPR Article 6 sub 1 (f);
- Rectify any personal data that may be inaccurate or incomplete and request us to erase your account, including personal data we and any of our partners have collected;
- The personal data collected by us and requested by you should be delivered to you in a common, portable and machine-readable format;
- Objections can be made for example by filing a complaint with your local privacy authority. For Germany this is Der Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit. For other countries in the EEA, please refer to: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which adversely affects your legal rights or substantially impairs you in a similar manner. Some of these rights may be executed with a click of a button from our website, insofar as they are not please reach out to us by the following means.
9. Contact Us
Abstract Computing UG (haftungsbeschränkt) in its role as data controller is a for profit company with its operational headquarters at Akazienstr. 3a, 10283 Berlin, Germany. To exercise any of the rights described above or in case of concerns, questions or inquiries, please email us at email@example.com.
We promise to respond as soon as possible and in any case within fourteen (14) business days of your request. For account deletion or data dumps, please mention “privacy” anywhere in the subject header.