News from Space - Captain's Log #1
February 23, 2023
Here’s the latest and greatest news around Deta Space, the “personal cloud”. Let’s dive in.
- 📰 The Merge is Complete
- 💾 Pollster: a complete solution to create and run polls
- 💾 Formate: build forms in minutes
- 💾 Moonliver: a personal live streaming app
- 😺 20 Apps Shipped in Sprint to Space
- 🕹️ Edit Mode: edit data for any Space App you install
- 🕹️ Public Routes: open your app or API to the public, just like on Deta Cloud
- 🍳 Coming Soon: New CLI, Removing Releases & More
- 🤙 Create for Space: write articles or record videos and get paid
- 🤙 Work for Deta: we’re hiring across full-time roles
- The Great Merge is complete, make sure to migrate before June 1
- We heard that Deta Slander 3 is out
- The top 10 apps have almost 9k installs 😮
- Since the Merge, we’ve seen almost 10k pushes 🤯
Heard of something else newsworthy? Let us know on Discord.
Pollster won the grand prize of Sprint to Space, offering a solution for creating and running polls. The team really likes the UI and Pollster feels like a complete and polished app.
Formate lets you create forms in minutes. It was built by a former working student at Deta and supports a variety of question types. The community is already integrating other apps with Formate using Data Keys.
Moonliver is a personal live streaming platform, built during the Sprint to Space. Moonliver has blown our minds, surprising us with the limits of what is possible to build in Space.
Building something cool? Let us know on Discord.
The community built 20 apps for the Sprint to Space Shipathon. Incredible.
The grand prize goes to Pollster. Congratulations Aarush!
Shoutout to everyone who delivered & make sure to check out the rest of the winners on Discord. We’ll be contacting everyone next week for prizes.
With “Edit Mode” you can now add, modify, and delete data for any app you install. Use responsibly.
Read more about Edit Mode and other fixes in our changelog.
Can you use or share an app or API without auth, so anyone can access it?
We’ve been busy drinking Coke Zero and building:
- a better local dev experience with the Space CLI
- the ability to hide and delete releases
- stricter requirements for publishing listed releases to Deta Discovery
Have a feature request? Let us know on Discord.
We’re looking for people to create content for us — written and video. We’ll be paying per piece. Read more here.
That’s all and thanks,
🖖 The Deta Team (past and present)